Wide Range Of Patient Facilities Available
St. Joseph's Nursing Home, Kenmare is situated in a beautiful countryside location which is private and secure. The setting of the home is such that all of the rooms have views of the gardens which comprise of three enclosed courtyards and 2 acres of lawns and shrubs. The gardens also have a lazy woodland walk which is ideal for residents and visitors who like to take a stroll in a beautiful country setting.
There are ample car parking facilities for visitors, residents and staff. There is a chapel which is used for weekly masses and also other religious denominations are catered for. We have 2 large day rooms which are ideal for communal living. There is also a visitor’s room which is ideal when a large group is visiting a Resident, or a private party. We have found our Sonas room to be wonderfully calming and tranquil for patients. In addition there is an Activities room and a large treatment room.
Internal Services and Facilities:
In order to enhance the care we provide in St Josephs Nursing Home, and to fulfil your personal, social and psychological needs the following services and activities are available:
- Music, Reminiscence and Sonas therapy.
- Daily exercise and activity, by one of our coordinators.
- Birthday, special occasions and Christmas parties.
- Weekly Mass in our Chapel, while we broadcast the daily Mass from Holy Cross Church through short wave radio.
- Hairstylist in house, or by appointment.
- In house laundry service.
- Dietician, Chiropody, Optician by appointment.
- Speech, language and physiotherapy by appointment.